The Communications Team are responsible for providing key messages and creating brand awareness to promote and publicise the festival to target audiences. Team members will create original written and visual content for the MWF website, and will use social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn in the lead up to, and during the festival.
You will work alongside our AV team on a live stream during the 2018 Program Launch and on our own original 3 part web series that will premiere during the festival.
There will be on-camera opportunities for some communication interns in various festival productions. The team will be supervised by MWF’s Communications Manager, Lauren Colosimo and Intern Coordinator Kristen Settinelli.
Key Selection Criteria
- An interest in film/arts/entertainment
- Relevant industry experience
- B average academic level
- Majoring in communications or a similar field
- Experience writing articles/media releases
Desired knowledge and skills
- Understanding of social media platforms
- Understanding of Australian media landscape
- Graphic design skills
- Knowledge of video production
- Comfortable networking and talking to new people
- Hours: equivalent to 120 hours over 15 weeks between March and July
- Mandatory attendance to meetings
- Meet all deadlines
- Amicable personality
- Ability to work under pressure
- Hands-on experience
- University credit
- Competitive resume and portfolio building
- Complimentary pass for a special guest to Melbourne WebFest
- Invite to all exclusive events with VIP guests/speakers of Melbourne WebFest
- Letter of reference from Melbourne WebFest upon request
Email resume & short cover letter addressing the above points to email@example.com with the Subject Line: FULL NAME: MWF COMMS INTERNSHIP
Please attach a copy of your marks from all your subjects so far (available via Student Online). Deadline: 23 March Internship begins: Saturday 31 March (NB: Keep this date free as it will be our induction day) The festival will be held from 28 June to 1 July 2018. You must be available for most of this weekend.