AV interns are responsible for creating branded video content for Melbourne Webfest ranging from announcement videos to an intern defined creative project. AV Interns will work as a team to research, develop and produce a series of nomination videos for the 2018 festival year, as well as work on a live stream during the 2018 Program Launch. Interns will also be able to create their own original 3 part web series from scratch that will premiere during the festival.
Interns will work alongside their supervisors Harrison Lawrence and Richard Khouri to create a portfolio of work during the festival.
Key Selection Criteria
- An interest in video content, particularly web series.
- Passion for every aspect of video production
- B average academic level.
- Majoring in Media or Creative Arts
- Able to work both individually and as part of a team
Desired Knowledge and Skills
- A solid understanding of the Adobe Creative suite, especially Premiere Pro and Photoshop
- Strong grasp of camera use
- Knowledge of sound recording/mixing would be looked upon favourably
- Understanding of delivery formats for web.
- Hours: equivalent to 120 hours over 15 weeks between March and July
- Mandatory attendance to meetings
- Meet all deadlines
- Amicable personality
- Ability to work under pressure
- Hands-on experience
- University credit
- Competitive resume and portfolio building
- Complimentary pass for a special guest to Melbourne WebFest
- Invite to all exclusive events with VIP guest/speakers of Melbourne WebFest
- Letter of reference from Melbourne WebFest upon request
Email resume & short cover letter addressing the above points to email@example.com with the Subject Line: FULL NAME: MWF AV INTERNSHIP
Please attach a copy of your marks from all your subjects so far (available via Student Online). Deadline: 23 March Internship begins: Saturday 31 March (NB: Keep this date free as it will be our induction day) The festival will be held from 28 June to 1 July 2018. You must be available for most of this weekend.